UFC 158: GSP defeats Diaz

Mar 17, 2013

The UFC has came back to Montreal, Canada for UFC 158. It wasn't the worst beating ever seen in the octagon, but UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre thoroughly dominated challenger Nick Diaz en route to a clearcut unanimous-decision win.
After an epic pre-fight build up that included much bad blood, Diaz raised St-Pierre's hand in a nice show of class. St-Pierre returned the favor shortly after, but the winner was evident, and the champion was awarded a clean sweep on the judges' cards, 50-45 across the board.
UFC 158: St.Pierre vs. Diaz

And despite the pre-fight trash-talk that colored the matchup, St-Pierre said he harbored no ill will toward the challenger.

"He did a great job promoting the fight," St-Pierre said. "Nick Diaz is a good guy. ... I never took it personal." With the victory, St-Pierre (24-2 MMA, 18-2 UFC) ties UFC Hall of Famer Matt Hughes with the most octagon wins in the promotion's history with 18. Meanwhile, a dejected Diaz (26-9 MMA, 7-6 UFC), who returned from a 13-month drug suspension following a second failed test due to marijuana, hinted he may be done with MMA.

"I think I'm going to have to just kind of figure out if I want to keep doing this," Diaz said. "To be honest, I don't think I've really got it anymore."

Source: USA Today

@NicoCalunia

#UFC158

1 comment:

  1. I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own blog and was wondering what all is required to get setup?
    I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
    I'm not very internet savvy so I'm not 100% sure. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Appreciate it

    Here is my web site - free garcinia cambogia

    ReplyDelete